[aprssig] Dire Wolf & Tracker 3?

qrv at kd4e.com qrv at kd4e.com
Fri Nov 22 21:37:08 EST 2013

Lynn,

	It's the Tracker 3 ot3m model with the built in USB port.

	I know I've used another console-based app in the past and
could monitor, even send a string of text, into the APRS system via the
Tracker 3. (I don't recall the app, it was in Linux.)

	We went through some changes of computers here and so this
Netbook lacks the setup I used to have.

	I just loaded xastir, which I have used before, though I don't
recall how to tell it to look at the USB port and to display traffic - I
have to review the manual.  (I installed xastir despite the Ubuntu
repository offering only v 2.0.0 rather than the newer version. (I
have asked about the update path for xastir and received no reply.)

	WDYT?

Thanks!

David

--