[aprssig] Dire Wolf & Tracker 3?

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Nov 22 21:24:38 EST 2013

(This answer was posted to the Tracker2 group as well, but I'm cross-posting here to avoid others supplying the same information redundantly)

You can't mix DireWolf with a Tracker 3.

Dire Wolf is a sound-card application to be connected directly to a
radio with suitable isolation and level controls and some provision to
trigger PTT.

The Tracker3 is a self-contained TNC that provides a serial port
interface to the PC for access by APRS applications.  The radio is
connected to the Tracker3 which is then connected to the PC via USB.

Unless you're trying to use DireWolf to decode the signals being
transmitted by the Tracker3?

Please explain what it is you're trying to do and what part of it isn't
working.  This forum can help you out with the Tracker 3, but you might
need to go elsewhere to find experts on Dire Wolf.