[aprssig] perl iGate

Andrew Rich vk4tec at tech-software.net
Sat Nov 16 04:30:09 EST 2013

Just want RX RF only

- Andrew -

  _____

From: aprssig-bounces at tapr.org [mailto:aprssig-bounces at tapr.org] On Behalf
Of Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
Sent: Saturday, 16 November 2013 6:38 PM
To: TAPR APRS Mailing List
Subject: Re: [aprssig] perl iGate

That might work, but it's not a fully functioning IGate.  Even without a
filter, the APRS-IS server will be sending you data that will be backing up
somewhere on the $t socket.  You'll need to read that as well or it'll
eventually grind to a halt when your buffers fill up.

And you need to selectively gate some, but not all, of the stuff that you
receive from the APRS-IS server back to local RF to be a fully-functioning
IGate.

Have you looked at aprsc?  And I've seen on the javAPRSSrvr that Pete's
working on getting that running on the Pi.

And just what doesn't aprx like about the D72?  You might need to put a few
commands in there to get the D72 into KISS mode, but i'll be a much more
functional IGate with a little bit of effort.