[aprssig] THD72 and Raspberri Pi Igate

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 15:58:36 EST 2013

Here¹s the final piece of the puzzle, the /etc/aprx.conf file:

mycall  AB0OO-1
myloc lat 3407.53N lon 08408.21W
<aprsis>
  passcode <Use your call and passcode, not mine. :) >
  server    rotate.aprs2.net
</aprsis>
<logging>
  pidfile /var/run/aprx.pid
  rflog /var/log/aprx/aprx-rf.log
  aprxlog /var/log/aprx/aprx.log
</logging>
<interface>
   ax25-device $mycall
   tx-ok      true  # transmitter enable defaults to false
</interface>
<beacon>
  beaconmode both
  beacon symbol "R&" $myloc comment "Rx-only iGate"
</beacon>

Obviously, replace my call, passcode, and location with yours.  Also, make
SURE that the call sign you define in /etc/ax25/axport matches the call sign
in the mycall line of aprx.conf.  Not doing so leads to ³why the heck won¹t
this work² moments.

So, there you have it.  A RasPi/TH-D72 RX-only Igate/digipeater in 10
minutes or so.  Let me know if you get it working.

John Gorkos
AB0OO