[aprssig] mic-e: technical info or source code ??

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Wed May 29 16:57:15 EDT 2013

Mic-E is just one format of APRS, which is normally used over 1200 baud
AX.25.  You'll want to look up the APRS specification.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDAQFjAA&url=ftp%3A%2F%2Fftp.tapr.org%2Faprssig%2Faprsspec%2Fspec%2Faprs101%2FAPRS101.pdf&ei=PWumUbNYqIyKApGbgZAM&usg=AFQjCNFX9MVpV4dnbbqccRlYOCHDT45pcw&sig2=2fpi2kGNFp0UBP-TgljDxg&bvm=bv.47244034,d.cGE&cad=rja

There are plenty of open source APRS clients out there.  My OpenTracker
series will decode Mic-E, but won't encode it because I feel that Base91
is a better solution.  The devices will still work as mic encoders,
sending a burst when you unkey, just not in the format normally referred
to as Mic-E.

Scott
N1VG