[aprssig] Garmin ANT protocol for APRS?

Jason KG4WSV kg4wsv at gmail.com
Tue May 21 09:27:13 EDT 2013

There's a standard protocol called ANT for short range 2.4GHz wireless
comms for personal area network devices.  Most devices seem to be
fitness related, but Garmin has it in some of their GPS units, and I
think their little geocaching device (the Chirp?) speaks it as well.

Has anyone attempted to use this wireless link for interfacing with APRS gear?

At a recent balloon launch I fought with the cable between my D7 and
my GPS, and the cable lost. badly.  The incident reminded me once
again how nice it would be to leave off the wires.

-Jason
kg4wsv