[aprssig] UTM grid (was: APRStt for SAR using...) is universal

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 16 18:22:46 EDT 2013

> USNG might be OK if you are in the USA, but APRS is Global, personally if
> anything was to be implemented in client software, I would like it to be of
> use outside of the USA, as well as within.

APRStt is entirely uiversal.  It can be used for ANY system of
numbers.  For example, I used it for a Marathon where only 2 digit
numbers were used and they were simply MILES along the course.

We use them at Dayton where any 2 digit entry can place you anywhere
in the Dayton Fleamarket and inside buildigs to the nearest 100 feet.

That is the beauty of APRStt.  It is entirley LOCAL.  ANd the
conversion from the number system to APRS is enitrely local.  So you
can use it for anything.  And each APRStt engine just lets the local
sysop define what the digits mean.

Bob, WB4aPR