[aprssig] APRStt for SAR using UTM grid!

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Thu May 16 07:45:26 EDT 2013

I just realized an IDEAL application for APRStt:

SAR work where the searchers alrady report their positions by a 3/3
digit UTM grid number.
In this case the DTMF position report would be B3XXXYYY* and then the
call from DTMF memory.

This would be on a special APRStt channel for the event so as not to
detract from Voice nets.

This is an ideal way to track SAR events.  because EVERYONE would show
up on the APRS tactical map, not just those few with APRS radios.

Now all I gotta do is refresh myself on the UTM grid to LATLONG conversion.

Bob, WB4aPR