[aprssig] API Information

Heikki Hannikainen hessu at hes.iki.fi
Wed May 8 01:16:04 EDT 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 8 May 2013, Doug Eubanks wrote:

> I have a PHP script that scrapes my location from my iPhone every 15 mins.
>
> I can't find any documentation on how to submit this location to aprs.fi.
>
> Does the API allow you to insert a location?

I guess you're looking at the aprs.fi API, (http://aprs.fi/page/api). No,
currently it does not support position uploads. You'll need to generate an
APRS packet, connect to the APRS-IS with a valid passcode, and submit it
there. As a nice side effect, it'll go to other APRS systems from there
too, not just aprs.fi.

If you have further questions about aprs.fi, it's probably best to post
those to the aprs.fi discussion group
(https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/aprsfi).

   - Hessu