[aprssig] Android can do analog APRS on 144.39

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Thu Mar 28 09:39:47 EDT 2013

Hey Herb,

* Herb Gerhardt <hgerhardt at wavecable.com> [2013-03-28 00:25]:
> What I want is a Bluetooth connected to my TH-D72A that is able to
> communicate with my Samsung 5 Player or other Android device in order to
> plot the stations heard on the TH-D72A on a map on the Android device.

The major challenge here is probably to find a device that implements
USB host mode to interact with the D72A (or is there another way to
access its data port than USB?), and to forward it over Bluetooth.

[This could be accomplished by an RPi or an Android, but for the latter
it would probably be easier to just use usb-serial without any
Bluetooth]

Once that is accomplished, the D72A needs to be configured to output
NMEA/PKWDWPL data over its serial port, and APRSdroid will happily parse
and display it on the map.

73 from Georg