[aprssig] ICOM ID 51A HT

Pat Cook kb0oxd at gmail.com
Wed Mar 27 18:00:14 EDT 2013

STEVE - Wrong Bob.  You're refeerring to Bob Bruninga, WB4APR I'm referring
to (and was replying to) Bob Burns, W9BU.  Unless Bob has changed name &
call, they're NOT & the same :-) *LOL!*

That out of the way, yes there are interoperability issues between APRS &
D-STAR **BUT** it's not like they are projects underway to address them.

In the meantime, I think Steve hit the nail on the head more accurately.
Right now, it is an Apples & Oranges comparison HOWEVER I think as radios
like the D-51A become more and more commonly available & used, the demand
to integrate APRS & D-STAR together via DPRS will only increase.  It's just
the natural progression of things :-)  Until then, there'll only be limited
functionality between the two (Messaging & such which APRSDroid is already
capable of)

Cheers & 73 :-)