[aprssig] Android can do analog APRS on 144.39

Georg Lukas georg at op-co.de
Wed Mar 27 10:59:36 EDT 2013

Hey folks,

* Andrew P.  <andrewemt at hotmail.com> [2013-03-27 15:53]:
> Didn't Georg also say that APRSdroid supported TNC's with Bluetooth serial port adapters?

APRSdroid currently supports the following RF interop modes:

 * AFSK (using the awesome demodulator by Sivan 4X6IZ) - direct audio connection or Bluetooth headset

 * Bluetooth-serial connection to a TNC (KISS mode)

 * TCP/IP connection to TNC (e.g. Pignology Pigtail; experimental)

 * Kenwood D7x0 GPS port (sends out NMEA and displays stations on the map, experimental)

USB-serial is planned as soon as my pl23xx serial dongle becomes supported by
http://code.google.com/p/usb-serial-for-android/

You can combine the RF operation modes with a version of APRSdroid using
offline mapping by mapsforge/OSM: http://aprsdroid.org/osm/

Feel free to ask if you need help configuring one of those...

73 de Georg DO1GL
--
APRSdroid - Open Source APRS Client for Android ++ http://aprsdroid.org/m
     ++ https://market.android.com/details?id=org.aprsdroid.app ++