[aprssig] Digi Question

Samúel Úlfr Þór Guðjónsson tf2sut at ulfr.net
Tue Mar 19 16:01:01 EDT 2013

Hi there.

First of all, I'd recommend to you to get in touch with others around you
who are running APRS, and ask them if they think it would contribute to the
system, many clubs have some "rules" to follow to help keeping the system
organized.

My suggestion, if you really want to run a digi, use a fillin setup with
viscous delay
as far as I know, only aprx supports that (can anyone correct me on this?)

That way, the digipeater will only digipeat if no other digi hears the
packet, but does not add extra traffic to RF if the packet is received by
another digi. TX IGate would also be good within that setup, with or
without the digipeater functions.

Is that other digi a High level digi or just a fillin?

Hopefully this helps a bit. :)

73 de TF2SUT - Samúel