[aprssig] [APRS] CQ FD server

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Jun 24 12:33:13 EDT 2013

Yes, it just shows you how much APRS is ignored as an actual communications
system for ham radio and has devolved into just a bunch of people playing
with GPS.  I’m amazed that even those people going to and from Field Day
did not even make an APRS contact with other APRS players (even if they
don’t set up a site).  For the effort of entering  11 letters, they could
have communicated to every other APRS operator in the world. (CQSRVR and CQ
FD…)…

Well, the good  news.  At least 14 diehards will be on top of the
Appalachian chain in 4 weeks playing die-hard APRS COMMUNICATIONS in our
Golden Packet Event.

But again, it is amazing that no one else in the Rockies or Pacific
mountain ranges have taken an interest in getting outdoors an playing radio
on the mountains and trying to do the same along the Continental divide or
pacifc trail.

This web page still shows 2012, but we are fully preparing and ready for
2013.  It will be updated as soon as I resolve my FTP problems with my
webage currently blocking me from access.  We have volunteers at all sites,
I think…

http://aprs.org/at-golden-packet.html

Bob, WB4APR