[aprssig] CQ FD server

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Sat Jun 22 12:16:58 EDT 2013

APRS Field Day begun and I just sent my first CQ FD to the Global CQSRVR… I
must be the first one on the air.  I don’t see anyone else yet.

Just send your APRS message to CQSRVR with the first two words of the
message saying CQ FD usually followed by your exchange.  You message will
go to everyone else in the world who has also done the same thing.  This is
on RF.

The contacts do not count for FD points since we are using the APRS
network, but they are fun! And make a great demo.

And of course you will see all your other local FD sites on RF if they are
also on APRS and those contacts CAN count if you can confirm you are
exchanging packets direct.

Bob, WB4APR