[aprssig] APRS for IPad

Lawrence LaBranche capdiamont at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 13 16:32:36 EDT 2013

I have an iPad so I will comment. There is a few iPad APRS apps. I the ones I use are not scaled, but take advantage of the screen size. My favorite is OpenAPRS-xl. It does not connect directly to a radio. It has nice graphics. PocketPacket is the other app I have. It can connect directly to a radio. I have not done so.

Other apps listed as iPad are Packet Pad, APRSNow, iLocator, and Ship Finder.

If you have a favorite iPhone only app, it will still run on the iPad at native or scaled up resolution.

Lawrence LaBranche KI6ZQY