[aprssig] Audio Feedback for APRS Packets and Messages on the TH-D72

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Wed Jul 24 15:48:28 EDT 2013

The most important thing to realize is that if you can hit TWO digipeaters,
then the chance is very high that you will NOT get a “MY PACKET” display
since both of those digis will BOTH digipeate your packet at the same time
and you will always get a collision.

But this is very easy to know.  Just –listen- to the APRS channel.  If you
hear an immediate digipeat of your packet and the noise is strong (even if
it is a cgarbled collision) then you know it got out even though you will
not decode it.

Expecting to see MY PACKET will rarely ever work, unless you are only in
range of a single digi.

Hope that helps.

I never depend on “my packet” to know how the channel is working.  I depend
on what I see on the signal strength display and what I hear.

Bob, WB4APR