[aprssig] requesting help in adding language support to YAAC

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Sun Jan 6 18:48:37 EST 2013

Greetings, all.

In support of our fellow hams whose native tongue isn't English, I am asking for help in improving my program YAAC to support other languages.

I wrote YAAC using the Java Internationalization (I18N) features for all displayed text strings, such that locale-specific text strings will be used. Unfortunately, I don't speak any other language besides English well enough to to create the alternate language files for other locales.

So, I am asking for multi-lingual people who could take the existing English-language YAAC.properties file and make the alternate versions for other languages. The file is organized as a series of key=value pairs, where the contextually descriptive key string is hard-coded into the YAAC program and used to select the desired language-specific value text string that is actually displayed. For example, the properties file lines

menu.File=File
menu.File.Configure=Configure

specify the text strings that will be displayed for the File menu drop-down and the Configure choice on the File menu. The updated files would be called YAAC_language_country.properties. For example, the Swiss German version would be YAAC_de_ch.properties,and YAAC_de.properties would be the general German-language file without any country-specific details in it.

If anyone is interested and willing, to help, please e-mail me.

Andrew Pavlin, KA2DDO