[aprssig] WIDE2-1 vs WIDE1-1,WIDE2-1 was WB2PAY etal

Bill Vodall wa7nwp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 17:15:55 EST 2013

>  The one size fits all mobile path of W1-1,W2-1 may have been fine back during the change over to the new paridigim. But with the explosion of digipeaters in good locations, especially in New England, it's excessive. IMHO

Having one standard, set and forget, path is a really good thing...
 (Unless it includes RELAY and goes every 15 seconds but that's
another issue.)

Technology has improved and we now have software that makes the
fill-in systems smarter so they don't generate unnecessary repeats.

Check out:   http://wiki.ham.fi/Viscous_APRS_Digipeater

73
Bill, WA7NWP