[aprssig] are write-only APRS-IS clients valid?

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Mon Dec 2 16:32:45 EST 2013

Good point!  I will remember "subscriptions" for future explanations and descriptions.  The term "server-side filters" stems from how clients and servers were functioning (and not functioning) :-( back at the turn of the century (I always wanted to say that!) ;-).  We were so focused on making the "hose" from the server small enough that GUI clients could handle it, we just used the term "filter" to describe what a reduced feed would deliver.  In retrospect, "subscriptions" to particular classes of packets makes a lot more sense to me, anyway.  We are somewhat stuck with the term "filter" now but that doesn't mean we can't use "subscription" in future descriptions for clarity.

Thanks Dave!

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net