[aprssig] LightSquared investors sue GPS industry

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 24 14:49:32 EDT 2013

 This article is hilarious!
 When I heard that the FCC allowed them to continue to investigate the system, way back when, I said any kindergarten level engineer knew it never should have gotten past the:     "Hey! Maybe we could...?  Naw.  Never mind! It won't work."  stage.

Sent from my KnightKit Crystal Set.
--
73, Steve, K9DCI   USN (Vet)  MOT (Ret)  Ham (Yet)

I served during the cold war, so you can continue to be served a cold one.

From: Bob Burns W9BU <w9bu_lists at rlburns.net>

Just when you thought the LightSquared situation was over, Harbinger
Capital Partners, and other investors who backed LightSquared, has
filed a $1.9 billion (yes, billion with a "b") lawsuit against Deere
& Company, Garmin International, and Trimble Navigation, plus the
U.S. GPS Industry Council and the Coalition to Save Our GPS.

You can read more about the suit here:

http://www.insidegnss.com/node/3664

Trimble has already announced that they will "vigorously" defend the suit.

Harbinger has also sued Dish Network Corp. and its chairman Charlie
Ergen for $4 billion over allegedly improper purchases of
LightSquared debt. Ergen reportedly bid over $2 billion last month to
buy LightSquared.

LightSquared filed for reorganization under Chapter 11 of the U.S.
Bankruptcy Code in May 2012.

Bob...