[aprssig] K0CQW-63 & N0QBH-63 Freetrackers On Air On 30 Meters Again Today!

Stephen H. Smith wa8lmf2 at aol.com
Sat Aug 17 16:13:18 EDT 2013

On 8/17/2013 2:29 PM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

 > [Saturday 17 Aug 2013 14:15 US EDT (1815 UTC)
 >
 > I see both N0QBH-63 and K0CQW-63 appearing again on my HF APRS maps. Both
 > stations are running the Freetrack 63, a device similar in concept to a
 > TinyTrack, but using PSK63 instead of the usual AX.25 packet mode.

Arrrrgh!!!!!      Almost the instant I hit "Send" on the previous message,
ANOTHER massive solar X-Ray flare erupted and almost complete shut down the 30
meter band, killing RX of the two PSK63 stations.

See the solar X-ray activity graph here:

.    <http://wa8lmf.net/map>

If a station isn't heard for 63 mins, it is automatically deleted from the the
main 30M All-North-America map at

.    <http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14439>

However, I have the not-heard  timeout & delete on the special events server map at

.    <http://wa8lmf.dyndns.org:14437>

  set to over 10 hours, so that you have a better chance to see past history,
especially track lines for mobiles.

--

Stephen H. Smith    wa8lmf (at) aol.com
Skype:        WA8LMF

  Long-Range APRS on 30 Meters HF
     http://wa8lmf.net/aprs/HF_APRS_Notes.htm

High Performance Sound Systems for Soundcard Apps
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/imic.htm
    http://wa8lmf.net/ham/uca202.htm

   http://wa8lmf.net/DigiPaths