[aprssig] APRS Runner Tracking

Tony VE6MVP tony at ve6mvp.com
Fri Aug 9 15:00:31 EDT 2013

At 11:33 AM 2013-08-06, Robert Bruninga wrote:
>An all new APRS capability was suggested by  Daniel KB3MUN for
>tracking some runners at APRS events.
>
>He suggested it for APRStt (DTMF entry) but it can also work on any
>APRS radio and is a good concept .

This is a very good idea but illustrates how some kind of keyboard
interface would be highly useful for these devices.   To my way of
thinking Bluetooth capability with open source software which can be
created by amateurs on iPads and Android devics would be a great
enhancement.  But we'll have to wait for the next generation of
radios.  Or the next + 1.

Tony