[aprssig] Should Internet-only stations have range circles?

Andrew P. andrewemt at hotmail.com
Mon Apr 29 10:16:33 EDT 2013

Greetings, all.

I was just looking at my map of local APRS stations with the range circle display option enabled, and noticed that stations I _know_ are connected only via the Internet have default radius range circles around them.

Should range circles (not from an RNGnnnn or PHGphgd phrase in the position comment, but inferred by default) be displayed if the station's digipeat path shows that it came over the Internet without an RF hop from the originating station?

Andrew KA2DDO