[aprssig] Best format for a Repeater Item (350 bug)

E.J. Caylor caylorman at gmail.com
Thu Apr 25 15:46:58 EDT 2013

I've been reading this thread with some interest, since I have several FREQ
objects being transmitted from my work and home stations.  I have my
objects set up in the following manner:

146.88-FW*251844z4105.60N/08510.55WrPHG8600/146.880MHz Toff -060 ACARTS

Testing with my D710 showed no difference in operation between the above
packet and one with the frequency information removed.  Perhaps this is due
to the offset listed in the rest of the packet, which I believe is an
option in the current spec.

IMHO, the goal of APRS is provide local information.  For me personally, as
long as the information gets out to the users, I'm fine with going against
the "spec".

--
E.J. Caylor, KC9HIY
http://www.flickr.com/photos/90520235@N03/