[aprssig] Best format for a Repeater Item (350 bug)

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Thu Apr 25 13:01:28 EDT 2013

On 4/25/2013 11:34 AM, Ron Stordahl, AE5E wrote:
> One quirk (?) of the D710A is that the offset must be stated on UHF,
> while on VHF a default is applied.  However in my area the repeater on
> 147.00 uses a offset of -060.  If this is not stated in the object the
> D710A will use an offset of +060.  I have elected to state the offset
> information on both UHF and VHF for uniformity.

I, a user of a non-auto-offseting VHF radio THANK YOU for that
decision!  If I receive your frequency objects in my APRS client, I will
know, beyond shadow of a doubt, exactly how to manually tune my radio to
access your repeater - again reaching the widest possible audience with
the included information.

By extrapolation, I'm also a proponent of putting Toff instead of
assuming that the absence of this specification means that there is no
tone.  If there isn't a tone, tell the user!