[aprssig] Automatic Voice RFelay System (AVRS) and ALLSTAR

Robert Bruninga bruninga at usna.edu
Mon Sep 17 22:01:24 EDT 2012

The APRS standard for ALL LOCAL info is every 10 minutes.  That is so
important, it is in the spec.

Remember, LOCAL means "sourced from a DIGI or other high location and
DIRECT ONLY".  This way it is zero added load on the network because it is
only sourced when the channel is clear (as heard at the digi).

I'm not following this thread closely, but if these OBJECTS or status are
being sourced from a ground level IGate or user location, then they have
to go 1 hop through a digi, and they DO have collision potential with
other users.  So maybe 15 minutes woiuld be a compromise if channel
going to be of much use to those who need it.

Bob, WB4APR