[aprssig] Is FireNet Down?

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri Sep 14 13:40:26 EDT 2012

Stephen WA8LMF wrote...

> My APRS webserver uses FireNet data to overlay NWS warnings
>and fire icons onto my all-US 30-meters APRS activity map.
> For about the last 8 hours, it has been endlessly attempting to
> reconnect to FireNet port 14580, with no success.
> Has the server gone down?

http://firenet.us:14501/

Their status page won't load. People started having trouble with
it a couple of days ago. I don't believe it has been down continuously
though as someone on one of the lists mentioned they had been able
to connect recently.

PS - welcome back home! I tracked you all the way from Michigan to
California and back again on 30M PSK-63 APRS using UI-View and
APRS Messenger, and get a few messages to and from you.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH