[aprssig] Is FireNet Down?

Curt, WE7U curt.we7u at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 12:22:49 EDT 2012

On Fri, 14 Sep 2012, Stephen H. Smith wrote:

> My APRS webserver uses FireNet data to overlay NWS warningsand fire icons onto my all-US 30-meters APRS activity map.
>
> For about the last 8 hours, it has been endlessly attempting to reconnect to FireNet port 14580, with no success.
>
>    Has the server gone down?

Yes.  I just talked to Gerry about it.  It's been down for a day or two now.  Looks like they pulled the power at the old site and he'll be working to move it (and some other VM's) to the new site.  Might be another few days before the VM's are moved.

--
Curt, WE7U.        http://wetnet.net/~we7u
APRS Wiki:  http://info.aprs.net/