[aprssig] Latest Garmins and Gtrans cables

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Thu Sep 13 21:52:12 EDT 2012

At 12:24 AM 9/13/2012, Alex Carver wrote:

>Has anyone used some of the latest Garmins (such as the 3450 and
>other 3000 series) nuvi receivers with the Gtrans cable and their radio?

Yes...sorta. I have a Garmin nuvi 1450 which was a 2011 model, I
believe. I've used it with a GTRANS2 cable from Argent Data which
provides NMEA0183 data over RS-232 via a DB-9 connector. Note, that's
GTRANS2. It's not listed in the Argent Data store, but Scott can
provide it on request. The newer nuvis get their power through the
mini-USB connector, so the GTRANS2 has a pigtail for 12VDC power.

Bob...