[aprssig] Latest Garmins and Gtrans cables

Alex Carver kf4lvz at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 13 00:24:09 EDT 2012

Has anyone used some of the latest Garmins (such as the 3450 and other 3000 series) nuvi receivers with the Gtrans cable and their radio?  I am not concerned about the stations being plotted on the GPS receiver's screen, I just want to make sure the GPS receiver can send data out to the radio by the cable.

Of course the latest receivers are using micro-type-B USB  connectors which means the Gtrans cable would have to be modified if the receiver could use the Gtrans cable otherwise.