[aprssig] Future for aprs?

Lee Bengston lee.bengston at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 23:31:20 EDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 10, 2012 at 12:47 PM, Curt, WE7U <curt.we7u at gmail.com> wrote:

> I just deployed a DreamPlug for a single-purpose use.  Have access to
> ShivaPlugs, GuruPlugs and Raspberry Pi's here too.
>
> Needed a Java app on the plugs but a co-worker mentioned that Java 6
> wouldn't work on the ShivaPlug (not enough memory?) so I deployed the app on
> the DreamPlug.  No problems.
>
> Looking forward to playing with the Raspberry Pi:  Cheaper and should do
> what I need for a remotely admin'ed computer.  I've watched with interested
> the postings on linux-hams list about running the AX.25 stack on the Pi's
> too.  I may have to buy a personal unit or two to play with.

Me too - just broke down and ordered one today.  Now I need to dig up
my 8GB SD card that appears to be misplaced.  Fyi, the latest
"Raspberrian" Linux image based on Debian Wheezy has AX25 support
compiled in.  Ray, VK2TV has it working on his Raspberry Pi based
IGATE, http://www.findu.com/cgi-bin/find.cgi?call=vk2tv-4.  N1MJF was
on the Xastir mailing list back in June and had Xastir running on a
Raspberry Pi using the Arch Linux image, but I'm not sure if that
kernel supports AX25.

Lee - K5DAT