[aprssig] Future for aprs Faster, cheaper and now!

Scott Miller scott at opentrac.org
Sat Sep 8 22:30:56 EDT 2012

I've been playing with the 500 mW RFM12BP modules for a while.  I've got
prototype boards with OpenTracker USBs built in.  They're not going to
replace VHF APRS, but I'm very interested in their potential for special
event tracking.

If there's going to be any serious use of these, we need a standard.
Right now I'm using 4800 baud with Hamming(7,4) error correction and
very basic framing.

Scott
N1VG