[aprssig] Packet Shooter

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Fri Sep 7 21:38:13 EDT 2012

Put a TinyTrak4 port into TEXT mode and whatever comes in that port,
delimited by a <CR>, will be placed behind a TT4-generated header and
transmitted on RF.

Or you can use a KISS-mode TNC wherein you get to craft the entire AX.25
header, including path and used bits, as well as they payload.  The only
thing the TNC does for you in that mode is some required bit-stuffing
and generating the tones.

What's a "full resolution" GPS position anyway?

But if you're doing this on the national APRS frequency, or gating it to
APRS-IS, please ensure that your packets are aprs101.pdf compliant.
There is a provision in there for experimental packet formats.