[aprssig] APRS Calling

John Gorkos jgorkos at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 12:04:06 EDT 2012

The message sent to the originating station looks something like this:
String.format("CALL %s on %3.3f MHz T%-3s %s node %d", bestTarget, freq,
tone, type,
            nodeId);

Or, CALL W1XYZ on 146.820 Mhz T141.3 Echolink node 12345
So, assuming it's a standard EchoLink node, you would usually use the
standard "#node-number" format.
If you're using a "closed" system that requires an access code (like my
local IRLP node), you're pretty much SOL unless you know the codes.