[aprssig] APRS for JOTA, Everywhere!

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Oct 19 10:45:54 EDT 2012

Your statements are incorrect.  Tactical callsigns have nothing to do with calling CQ.  The only prior use this year of CQSRVR for a nationwide event was Field Day and the issue was an application failure which was corrected within 30 minutes of notification that there was an issue.  Again, tactical callsigns had NOTHING to do with it.  If you use a tactical callsign with CQSRVR, your will get no information from CQSRVR so you have confirmation that CQSRVR is not accepting your tactical callsign.  If you use a valid callsign, you will get positive response to all of your messages.

Making contacts using non-unique tactical callsigns for JOTA are worthless but if you want to do that, use ANSRVR.  If you want to call CQ to amateur radio stations using your amateur radio callsign, use CQSRVR.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net