[aprssig] APRS for JOTA, Everywhere!

Pete Loveall AE5PL Lists hamlists at ametx.com
Fri Oct 19 09:47:27 EDT 2012

ANSRVR does NOT replace CQSRVR.  CQSRVR is for calling -CQ- to other amateur radio stations.  ANSRVR is for making -announcements- to a group.  For JOTA, where no one uses tactical callsigns to make global contacts, I recommend using CQSRVR which is better suited to calling CQ.

73,

Pete Loveall AE5PL
pete at ae5pl dot net