[aprssig] Geiger counter mobile from Indiana to Tennessee

joe jesson jjesson at voyager.net
Fri Oct 12 00:44:41 EDT 2012

 Hi Bob, looks like we have a nice gamma detector and testing with a calibrated 1200 cpm Uranium Ore emitter and this solar cell output is going into an amplifier and scope.

 Over the weekend I want to try different sized solar cells (again, the ambient light has to be completely blocked) to see what the Sensor capture area vs. Capacitance loading trade-offs are.  If we can get a solar cell as input to an A/D converter and give us reproduceable results, I think we have a winner!

 Joe Jesson

Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile