[aprssig] Firenet.US Server Back Up!

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue Oct 9 15:15:41 EDT 2012

On 10/9/2012 1:22 PM, Stephen H. Smith wrote:
> I just reverted my filters to the previous settings, and so far, the
> blue circles with white WX letters (i.e. standard home WX stations)
> are not appearing.     A huge number of them didn't have ham calls
> attached, but rather seemingly random alphanumeric strings. Metar??
> CWOP???

When/if that happens again, check http://firenet.us:14501/ and
particularly the outbound connections section.  Every now and then I've
seen firenet.us connect to an upstream CWOP server instead of one of the
core APRS-IS servers.  I suspect that gets a lot more weather stations
than you're used to seeing.

But then again, it could be the software version upgrade.

Port 10152 is also still not accepting connections.  It fails with an
error 10152 (net reset) after a long timeout.  Port 14580 connections
are quickly accepted from the same client.  This is the behavior of a
port that is not open and is being blocked (ignored) at a firewall.