[aprssig] APRS in caves! HF & Experiment Ideas

Steve Noskowicz noskosteve at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 19 23:15:01 EST 2012

Hmmm.  Just some thoughts for possible experiments:

1 - What freq travels the best (longest) *in* the cave.  Reflections could be a problem for digital data...

2 - What freq is best for the "HF up-links".  This is a combination of freq and practical antennas.

3 - While a longer term experiment, there is magnetic communications, but probably higher than this 1.16kHz technique:
  https://sites.google.com/site/kendiver/pinger

RE: legal vs. illegal frequency/mode combinations:
  ??  For short term experiments I don't think an STA would be necessary?  We're supposed to be experimenters, no?

73, Steve, K9DCI