[aprssig] Bob's Kludge

Steve Dimse steve at dimse.com
Thu Nov 8 15:29:38 EST 2012

Today I was walking through the National Air and Space Museum Udvar-Hazy Center and something stopped me cold. In front of me was a model of a satellite we all know and love, immediately recognizable because of its antennas which are very different from all the other satellites on display.

Over the years Bob has gotten plenty of heat for his kludges, including from me, but until I have something in the Smithsonian literally basking in the glow of a space shuttle I'm going to keep my mouth shut!

A photo is at

http://www.rangersteve.com/pcsat-uhc.jpg

That is not photoshopped, I took it with my iPhone which has very wide-angle lens. PCsat is to the side of Discovery's starboard nose.

Steve