[aprssig] Xastir-2.0.2 Stable Released

Tom Russo russo at bogodyn.org
Thu Nov 1 19:39:49 EDT 2012

On Thu, Nov 01, 2012 at 12:50:17PM -0700, we recorded a bogon-computron collision of the <curt.we7u at gmail.com> flavor, containing:

> Xastir-2.0.2 was released a few minutes ago, then CVS was bumped to v2.0.3 for further development.
>
> Download at your leisure.  The big green "Download" button on the main page hasn't updated to the latest file yet, so you may need to use the direct link below instead:
>
>     https://sourceforge.net/projects/xastir/files/xastir-stable/xastir-2.0.0/
>
> See the ChangeLog file for changes made since the last stable release.

There is one user-visible change that impacts users of TNCs with attached
GPS that needs to be highlighted (it can be rather lost in the noise of
ChangeLog and the "What's New" item in the help file).  This information
was posted to the Xastir mailing list when it was originally changed, but
bears repeating with the release announcement.

If you are running any interface of the type "TNC with GPS on AUX port" then
you need to review your interface properties.  There is a new setting on
that page "Send Control-E to receive GPS data?" --- this should only be
selected for KPC-3+ TNCs and others that actually require a Control-E to
select the GPS data.

For D700s and other such radios, this option needs to be de-selected.  The
default behavior is to have this box selected, so you must take action after
upgrading to Xastir 2.0.2 from Xastir 2.0.0.