[aprssig] aprssig Digest, Vol 95, Issue 33

Perry Chamberlain canoeman at qnet.com
Thu May 31 08:47:00 EDT 2012

"Perry,
Not to get persnickety, but your int statement is not completely true. Even
if a company has no offices in a state that you are ordering from, if
*your* state collects USE tax, then you *are* liable for paying taxes on"

That's true, some states require  tax, between states, after the fact, but shipping into the USA, is actually cheaper. This is what makes eBay so popular. 99 percent of online, out of state shoppers, don't pay any tax.
I used to send gifts home to Canada, but the Canadian customs would charge huge duties, sometimes more then the gift were worth. But shipping to here from other countries is almost always duty free.

My main  point was, that international shipping into  USA, is usually duty free.

perry