[aprssig] APRS return to basics (DR) (new images)

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Wed May 23 20:08:24 EDT 2012

Bob WB4APR wrote...

> I have added my recent CSE/SPD leader and Dead-Reckoning notes...

I've never used a system that used dead reckoning, but I don't think
I would like the feature. I know you think it is important, but my
feeling is that I would rather know what is fact... i.e. where a
station was last heard and it's course and speed and let the computer
between my ears theorize if they kept moving, completely missing
the next bend in the road, or if they just stopped there. As I
mentioned, I've never used anything that used DR, so all I have
to go on are my thoughts on the subject. I can however tell from
a glance at the map the direction and approximate speed by the
"vector" drawn on the map... i.e. a short line for a slow moving
station and a longer one for a faster moving station.

At risk of unleashing your wrath, I hit send - hi!

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH