[aprssig] D72 - TUNE and Range...

Keith VE7GDH ve7gdh at rac.ca
Fri May 11 21:42:25 EDT 2012

There was a bit of noise a few days ago about repeater objects etc.
and the D72, D710, FTM-350 and their TUNE / QSY functions. When
it was mentioned that the FTM-350 needed the offset to be included in
the object, I added it to a repeater object that I look after. I noticed
one problem with a D72. If I added +060 and also included the range
of R125k for 125 km that the D72 would use an offset of 1.25 MHz,
but only when I included some additional text after the range. I later
found some other combinations that were a problem too.

Everything was in the object comment. These ones were OK...

147.320MHz Toff +060 R125k
147.320MHz Toff +060 R125k Salt Spring
147.320MHz Toff +060 Salt Spring Island

but the following results in an offset of 1.25 MHz.

147.320MHz +060 R125k
147.320MHz T100 R125k
147.320MHz Toff R125k
147.320MHz T100 R125k Salt Spring Island
147.320MHz +060 R125k Salt Spring Island

Can someone else with a D72 give it a try to see if they concur?
Range is nice to know, but check your objects at least on a D72.

73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH