[aprssig] RV APRS and Dish TV

Bob Burns W9RXR w9rxr_ at rlburns.net
Thu May 10 21:14:06 EDT 2012

At 12:16 AM 5/9/2012, Bob Bruninga wrote:

>Does normal DISH TV work portable on an RV?  I see RV's with the
>dishes, but the fine print in the adds imply that you must have a
>phone line or internet connection too.

I am not a DISH subscriber, so I can't speak for their policies.

I am a DirecTV subscriber. Have been off and on since about 1996. My
receiver hasn't been connected to the Internet or a phone line for
about a year. The only "problem" is that I can't purchase movies or
pay-per-view sports events on the "on demand" channels using the
receiver's remote control.

Bob...