[aprssig] Yaesu FREQ OBJECT workaround

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Wed May 9 13:27:07 EDT 2012

WHY?  Why yet ANOTHER extension of ANOTHER packet when there's already a
specification that's almost good enough?

What's wrong with:

Object name FFF.FFFxy or FFF.FFxyz as it is now, but with a COMMENT that
says:

FFF.FFFMHz Tnnn +ooo Rnnm PHG and comment can go here?  And isn't PHG
kind of redundant with an explicit range anyway?

And what's with the FFF.FF MHz?  Why not just put the blooming ZERO in
there and keep it a SINGLE frequency spec?

Does the Kenwood line (or ANYTHING for that matter) actually DO the
split frequency object specification (FFF.FFFxy object with an
FFF.FFFMHz at the start) which would be the ONLY reason I can see for
not doing what I show above?