[aprssig] Yaesu FREQ OBJECT workaround

Dave Torrey kd8gbh at woodsidelane.net
Wed May 9 13:25:19 EDT 2012

Didn't see a reply on the 350 in particular, but I'll throw my two cents
in.

I beacon two voice repeaters in our area, as such:

;146.88-UP*111111z4708.50N/08833.50Wr146.88 MHz T100 -060 http://ccraa.net
;147.315UP*111111z4722.25N/08810.25Wr147.315MHz T100 +060 http://kcra-mi.net

Both appear to QSY correctly on my FTM-350.  I should also mention that
I did the firmware update published by Yaesu when they came out with the
*AR version (June 2010?).

As mentioned in other posts, the radio *does* have to be in VFO mode.
If it beeps once, it worked.  Two short, lower-pitched beeps mean it
ignored or couldn't parse the packet.  In memory mode, it always beeped
twice for me.

Dave
KD8GBH