[aprssig] D710 APRS Non-printables

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Tue May 8 13:10:11 EDT 2012

There have been several D710s running around recently with non-printable
characters following the QSY frequency.  I have contacted several of
these owners and the common thread in their experience was the use of RT
Systems Software to program their radios.  I just received this
confirmation from Dan White W5DNT that RTS is the root of the issue as
well as a solution to the problem.

PS.  I've recently seen the following stations displaying this problem.
You can use the raw packets display at aprs.fi if you want to see the
details.

K8WHB-1, KB1UNY-9, KK4AUJ-9, VE6TDX-9, KD4PCU-7, AC0CO-9