[aprssig] FREQ Object Formats

Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) ldeffenb at homeside.to
Mon May 7 17:15:16 EDT 2012

On 5/7/2012 5:02 PM, la3qma at aprs.la wrote:

> Inserting the actual offset is a no brainer and the receiving part
> doesnt have to do anything other than set that offset.
>
> ;LA5BR    *111111z6024.76N/00521.64Er145.750MHz T097 -0600kHz
> ;LA7BR    *111111z6023.06N/00514.98Er434.700MHz T097 -2000kHz
>
> This works for me on an modified TM-D710E and it should work on an A
> and K model to.

Are you sure the radio is actually using the -0600kHz part of that
packet?  If you put in -0500kHz does it actually change the shift?
Also, if you put -0505KHz, does it make a difference?  The spec only
says -060 and I suspect the radio may be completely ignoring the 0kHz
part of what you're transmitting.  Nice for human readability, but not
part of the (current) standard.

> To get a proper realtime whats happening around you i would say that
> the sender should dictate all the correct QSY information to the
> receving part and not assume that the receiving part has the correct
> offset etc in the radio.

100% agree and stated much better than I have managed so far!